Sunday, June 28, 2015

All Good Things Must End

Friday and Saturday hung under the cloud of a 6:00 am flight Sunday morning. I have a hard time expressing how much I love this Island. The relaxed pace of life, the wonderful mix of local culture with a distinctly European influence. It is not just the beaches, shopping, and food that have captivated me. It is the local people, Jon and I have enjoyed talking with the locals whenever we are out. They are laid-back, easygoing people but they also have interesting stories to tell and a deep love of their home. While Curacao isn't perfect, the people strive to impact the world around them. I could see myself settling in here, if not all year (I'd miss my family) but perhaps for several months out of the year.

One fun side story - We went to the beach one last time with Little Bear to swim and enjoy the ocean. On our way out of the parking lot we hear the dreaded "thump-thump" and Grandma's words ring in my head from Monday, "I hope we don't get a flat tire out here!"

That is exactly what happened. Jon was great and din't let it upset him; he just calmly got out of the car and started to change the tire. (My hero!) We were both grateful we'd rented the small SUV with a full size spare on the back hatch. Little Bear got to see how we change a tire, he thought it was pretty cool but in reality it was VERY hot.
Photo coming!

So for the last two days of vacation we relaxed, walk, dined, shopped and packed.... but apparently not well enough... but that is a story for tomorrow. I didn't think our travel plans could be worse, but I was wrong.... Come back tomorrow for that story.

  
  




No comments:

Post a Comment